Dear Parent, Guardians, and Families,
Hello, I hope everyone is excited as we prepare for the first day of school! We are SO excited to be welcoming back your students on Wednesday, September 1st!
The newsletter can be found here, please read it in it’s entirety:) – https://www.smore.com/9a1nr
Here are some reminders for the first day of school:
- Important Dates/Reminders
- First Day of School for Grades K-5 – 9/1/21
- First Day of School for Pre-K – 9/9/21
- MTT Drive-Thru – 8/30/21 – 4-6 PM
- Pre-K Orientation – 9/8/21 – Time TBA
- Back to School Night – 9/22/21 – 6-7 PM @ PES
- School Office Hours
- Regular Days – 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Student Hours – 8:45 AM to 3:45 PM
- Teacher Hours – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Transportation Methods – Car, Walker, or Bus Rider
- Bus Riders – Dismiss to buses at the front of school building
- Car Riders – Dismiss at side entrance approached via Noble Avenue
- Walkers – Dismiss at front entrance closest to the Kindergarten Wing
- Change in Transportation/Dismissal – A written note from a parent/guardian signature is required for a change in transportation or dismissal. Phone requests will be permitted for emergencies only. Photo identification may be required for pick up.
- Student dismissal time is 3:45 PM. Walkers are dismissed from the front of the school at 3:40 PM. Car riders are dismissed from the rear of the school at 3:40 PM (same as drop off on Noble Avenue). All dismissals are supervised by school staff.
- Should an occasion arise where a student needs to leave school early, please remember to stop into the office to request your student. All early dismissals MUST be dismissed through the main office.
Also, we are so very pleased to be able to have a Drive-Thru Meet the Teacher event on Monday, August 30 from 4-6 PM where many of our teachers and support staff will be there to greet your students and get supplies while you drive-thru either are front bus loop or car rider loop! Please see the infographic in this newsletter for details!
All CCPS students and staff, regardless of vaccination status are required to wear masks while at PES. regardless of whether students are present. In addition, mask-wearing is still mandated on all of our buses per federal and state instructions. Please see below, in this newsletter for comments from me on the mask mandate and resources from CCPS behind this important decision. I am confident that by continuing the strong community partnerships we have built, and by following the outlined health and safety protocols PES will continue to be safe for all of our staff and students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Finally, if you have any questions related to transportation or the happenings at PES please reach out to me via email (email@example.com) or by calling the school directly.
We appreciate all of the patience, kindness, and flexibility our community continues to show our staff!