PRESTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – 3-27-2020
Hello PES Families!
This is Mr. Angeloni with some important announcements.
As Dr. Saelens has stated, CCPS will be starting Phase I of students “Continuity of Learning.” The first step in this process is to loan devices to those that need them, and provide paper packets to families without Internet at home. The information I am sharing now will also be available on the CCPS and PES website, the email version of this message, the PES Facebook page, and on the front door of the school.
PES Technology Device Distribution for grade 3-5 students: This day is for families with home Internet but without a viable device in grades 3-5 only. A viable device is defined as a desktop, laptop, i-Pad, or tablet device that has access to a web browser. Grades 3-5 date and time will be: Tuesday, March 31 10 AM-6 PM
PES Student Packet Distribution for Pre-Kindergarten 3 year old program – Grade 5 students: This day is for families without home Internet and/or a viable device will be: Friday, April 3 10 AM-6 PM
PES Technology Device Distribution for Pre-Kindergarten 4 year old program – Grade 2 students: This day is for families with home Internet but without a viable device in grades Pre-K-2 only. A viable device is defined as a desktop, laptop, i-Pad, or tablet device that can access a web browser. Grades Pre-K-2 date and time will be: Monday, April 6 10 AM-6 PM
During these 3 events it is important to know the following information:
- We are trying to ensure that families with home Internet service have access to at least one device.
- Please keep in mind there is only one device loaned per family. If an older sibling has already borrowed a CCPS device at the high school distribution day or you have a middle school student at CRMS who will receive a device, you will not be eligible for a second device.
- I will call the evening before each event with specific details regarding the next day’s event to families of students in the grade levels effected.
- These will be drive-through events only, please stay in your car.
- Parents/guardians must have a student with you to pick up a technology device.
- Our nurse will be available if you have medications to pick up from the health room.
- The school building will be closed to everyone except essential staff.
Thank you for your continued patience, kindness, cooperation and understanding during this time.
Stay safe and have a good night!
Antonio J. Angeloni
Principal – @AJAngeloniCCPS
Preston Elementary School